1. Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to data processing by:
ATHLETES FOR UKRAINE
e.V.,c/o Rechtsanwälte Lenze & Partner mbB,
(hereinafter: ATHLETES FOR UKRAINE e.V.),
Email: email@example.com, www.athletes-for-ukraine.org
2. Collection and storage of personal data as well as type and purpose of its use when visiting the website
When you visit our website, www.athletes-for-ukraine.de, the browser used on your terminal device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until automated deletion:
• IP address of the requesting computer,
• Date and time of access,
• Name and URL of the accessed file,
• Website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
• Browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider.
The aforementioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
• Ensuring a smooth connection setup of the website,
• Ensuring a comfortable use of our website,
• evaluation of system security and stability, and
• other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the processing of data is Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. f DSGVO. Our legitimate interest arises from the above listed purposes for data collection. We do not use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
The personal data collected when using the contact options provided by us will be automatically deleted after completion of your request.
3. Transfer of data
We do not transfer your personal data to third parties for purposes other than those listed below.
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
• you have given your express consent to do so in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. a DSGVO,
• the disclosure is required under Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in not disclosing your data, in the event that there is a legal obligation for disclosure pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. c DSGVO, as well as that this is legally permissible and necessary according to Art. 6 para. 1 p. 1 lit. b DSGVO for the processing of contractual relationships with you.
Information that arises in connection with the specific terminal device is stored in the cookie. This does not mean, however, that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
In addition, we also use temporary cookies to optimize user-friendliness. These cookies are stored on your terminal device for a certain fixed period. If you visit our site again to use our services, the site automatically recognizes that you have already visited our site and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the aforementioned purposes to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer, or a notice always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies may mean that you cannot use all the functions of our website.
5. Social Media Links
We have linked our Facebook page on our website according to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO to increase our visibility with help of this platform. The underlying promotional purpose is to be considered a legitimate interest within the meaning of the DSGVO. The responsibility for data protection-compliant operation is to be ensured by their respective providers.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can directly assign your visit to our website to your Facebook account.
6. Data Subject Rights
In accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO, you have the right to request information about your personal data processed by us.
In particular, you have the right to:
• request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, and the presence of automated decision-making, including profiling, and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
• request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without undue delay pursuant to Art. 16 DSGVO,
• request the erasure of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims pursuant to Art. 17 DSGVO,
• request the restriction of the processing of your personal data, pursuant to Art. 18 DSGVO, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you or the processing is unlawful, but you object to its erasure and we no longer require the data, but you need it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims or you have objected to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO,
• receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request that it be transferred to another controller pursuant to Art. 20 DSGVO,
• revoke your consent once given to us at any time in accordance with Art. 7 (3) DSGVO. This has the consequence that we may no longer continue the data processing, which was based on this consent, for the future,
• complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or our registered office for this purpose.
7. Right of Objection
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 (1) p. 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, provided that there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without having to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, it is sufficient to send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Data Security
During the website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is encrypted, by the presence of a closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or against unauthorized access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
9. Currency and modification of this data protection policy
This data protection declaration is currently valid and was last modified in March 2022.
Due to the further development of our website and offers on it, or due to changed legal or regulatory requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection policy. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time from the website at www.athletes-for-ukraine.org/privacy.